Sunday, February 26, 2012

This Week = Kicking My Butt Into Gear

All right, so this week may be possibly the hardest week of my life, but I'm determined to win with mind over matter.  This week will begin my daily morning workouts, and I'm determined to make this work, so I can have my evenings with our sweet pup, and eventually with the husband when he comes home.  I feel that we all get complacent at times in our lives (whether its avoiding the gym, ignoring healthy food, or just getting bored with our routines), but it's high time to get into shape and have a transformation by the time my husband returns home for his R&R.  My plan will allow me time to workout, without feeling bad that the dog has been locked up all day.  My plan will push me to get out of bed earlier in the morning, and head to bed earlier at night.  My plan will also push me to prepare more adequately in the evening for a day at work.  My plan...might be the death of me! (JUSTTT KIDDING!)


My goal is to lose at least 15 pounds by July.  My goal is to eat healthier, workout harder, and create a healthy routine in my life that will be healthier in the long run of this life.  My goal will also get me back into a great shape before kids come (even though that's at least 4 years down the road).


So, why blog about it?  Because I'm hoping it will hold me even more accountable.  Because I'm hoping I will come by with a triumph of news by the end of the week, that I've accomplished my goal.  I know if I can get in this routine, and stay in this routine, I will be more likely to accomplish my goal.


My goal is for me -- no one else. I am a confident lady, but I would love to take away the extra love handles I've been hanging onto for the past 5 years.  I don't want to be a bean pole (I'm too short anyways), but I'd like to be healthy, athletic, and feel sexy in my own skin.  Life is about challenges, and with the shortness I've acquired from my parents, weight will always be a challenge for me.  So, I'm kicking it into high gear, and I'm determined to be swimsuit ready (at least to my goal/standard) by July, if not sooner.


So, here's to goal setting, challenging yourself, and mind over matter!


XOXO,
H

**Props to Dana Laymon Photography Blog for inspiring this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment