Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Many the miles...and I will follow you

Happy Wednesday!


After TWO days of waking up far too late after my alarm NEVER went off, and rushing to work in a fury, I am so happy it is almost the weekend.  This has been an emotional week anyway, with my husband's deployment, but, boy, having to adjust to life in a rushed way in the morning has made it even more challenging.  I've been staying busy -- reorganizing my classroom, seeking inspiration on the wonderful, addicting, time-sucking Pinterest.  I'm finding that adapting to this deployment so far is much like our time apart during his trainings, but I know when the phone calls come to a halt for a short time, that will be a little more challenging.


Our puppy is doing well -- adapting by having one of her grandmas check on her, playing with her mommy, and going on long walks.  I know she misses her daddy's snuggles and playtime though!  I'm finding it extremely therapeutic and beneficial to come home early from a long day in the classroom and just take her for a walk.  I'm looking forward to adding my workout routine into the mix next week - we'll see how those early morning wake-ups go!


My husband is doing well in his training -- but definitely looking forward to getting away from power-points and medical checks and on to much more exciting things.  In a way, I am sad because I'm missing out on one of the greatest adventures of his life!  I'm excited to see some of the scenes of what will become his "daily life" for a year through his pictures.  I just continue to pray for great people to surround him there, and that he will continue to be as positive as he has been.  He is one of the most amazing people I know -- not that I'm bias or anything.  He's so level headed and realistic, but at the same time so strong and caring.  I am so thankful to be given the opportunity to be his "right hand girl" and I cannot wait until we are back in the same place to continue the adventure of life.


Right now, my goals are to maintain a balanced lifestyle (not all work all the time); make time for the gym (yep, that's 15lbs by my birthday); be a pup mama as best I can; support, love, admonish, humor, and encourage my husband; and stay as realistic and as level-headed as can be during this deployment.  I'm greatly encouraged by the amazing people who have already been through deployments, and I hope we can continue to grow stronger through this adventure.  I'm continuing to pray for peace, wisdom, less tears, and love to exude out of us both.  I know it's going to be a long year, but I couldn't have ever imagined this life with any other man.  I'm so thankful for his sacrifices of daily life to serve our great country and be an ambassador of America.  I'm thankful that we've had experiences apart which have grown us stronger, and taught us both (esp. me) how to adapt to these changes and be a strong, independent wife.


With love,

H

4 comments:

  1. Your strength and positive outlook is inspiring. Best of luck to you both and thanks to your husband for his service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes phone calls and vid chats (If you're lucky) may not seem like enough. I don't know if you're doing this already, but penpaling eachother and sending care packages are also great ways to keep in touch. Letters are always wonderfull to get and they can last a lifetime; Plus, they're great to look at when you're feeling lonely and blue. Ohhh.. and hanging out with your girl friends should help out a ton, too.
    Keep your head up :) You two are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super excited to find your blog!! I have greatly enjoyed all the posts I've read so far. I think I know you, we were in school together. (sort of :) ) I am not super blog savvy and can't seem to find any info on a way to contact you other than to leave a comment but would love to get back in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies! I will have to post an entry post-deployment, now! :) Carol, email me (hlrosinski@gmail.com)!

    ReplyDelete