Saturday, September 24, 2011

Becoming a Puppy Mom

   As I laugh at shows like Dance Mom, and Toddler and Tiaras, I find myself becoming a "puppy mom"! :)  As of yesterday, I become the little momma to a sweet Cockapoo baby girl.  She came home yesterday right at 6 weeks old, and is the sweetest pup!  She is already sleeping in her crate all night - we only got up a couple times to potty last night!  She hasn't whimpered at all, unless she was hungry or had peed.  She loves to play, and snuggle.  My husband is jealous, because he's not home yet, and is having to live through this first week with the pup via Skype, videos, and photos.  His time is coming though ;-)

   As a little girl, I was terrified of dogs, because a big dog jumped on me when I was younger.  I've gotten way better, and am already in love with our sweet baby pup.  I'm trying not to spoil her, and allow her to explore different areas of the house after she wakes up from her naps and potties.  I cannot wait to see more of her personality, and see the bond between my husband and her in the very near future!  YAY for him coming home in less than a week for good until his deployment!

Sweet Little Nutmeg Snoozing with her Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment