Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Amazing People

Living in this military base town during my husband's deployment has really been a blessing!  At first I was a bit annoyed to be moving "back home" to this town I know as well as I know myself, but I am thankful to be so close to most of my family and the base.  I have enjoyed heading grocery shopping at the commissary, and shopping at the "lemon lot" like NJ and I used to for fun.  Sometimes it has been hard to live in this town because it reminds me of all our memories we have together throughout different areas of town.  However, being in a military town also reminds me of my husband, due to all the military members and their families that occupy the town.  I am thankful to be reminded and surrounded by so many amazing people, because it reminds me that I am not alone in this deployment.

NJ should be coming home soon for his R&R and I am beyond ready.  I cannot wait to be in his arms, surrounded and safe -- and completely lost in his blue eyes. I am so thankful this deployment has brought us stronger, closer, and even more in love.  Deployments are and can be extremely scary, because you never know what to expect.  And you, honestly, never can replay that feeling of loss you feel when they leave from their port/base each time.  As I think back to his leaving, I remember dropping him off at his station and just feeling completely lost.  I bawled my eyes out and didn't want to let go of him.  He didn't have to walk away from me (he was where he had to stay), but I had to drive away from him.  Imagine leaving the most precious thing in the world to you -- and you have to leave.  It's a feeling of loss and heartbreak that I cannot describe any parallel of it to anything in life.  Now that he is coming home soon, I am wondering how amazing that feeling will feel - when I see his face the first time, run into his arms, hug his neck, kiss his lips, hold his hand, ride beside him in the passenger seat, seeing our puppy jump in his arms after over six months, having him beside me at night (and every morning I wake up), and stealing a kiss whenever I want.  I hope that moment of seeing him "for the first time" is an incredibly surreal, emotional, and extraordinary as that goodbye was six months ago.  Until then, I will remain forever his -- waiting, wishing, and loving him all the more.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment