Thursday, January 12, 2012

Life Changes and Nutmeg Grows

We are on the brink of our deployment weekend!  We are both anticipating the changes in our lives, but also soaking in all the moments together as much as possible.  I had a cry session today -- just that the reality of it all has finally arrived.  I know we will be great and persevere through it all, but it is the separation after just getting married that makes my heart ache!  When you marry the person you love, you never imagine you'll be separated by something you cannot control -- I suppose that is God's way of reminding us who is really in control!  I am so thankful for sweet family and friends who are being so supportive, praying with us through this, and also allowing us space to have our time, adapt to the changes, and keep moving on through life!


I looked at my blog tonight and realized I have to update you all on how much Nutmeg has grown!  She is now capable of jumping on the couch, jumping down from the bed, pulling her bed around, and even being left alone in the house with the majority of the house opened up to her.  She's doing awesome with potty training and has been just a joy to have.  She licked my tears today during my cry session -- puppy love just really lifts your spirit (not to mention the husband's hugs!)!  Here's some pictures of her recent ventures....


Remember, she WAS this little...

First venture in the snow at grandpa's!

She LOVED it!

...her new sleeping position.

...just helping with dinner.

...tired after playing PS3 with daddy.

...he claims he's her favorite.

...she loves a pillow...

...and her bed.

her sun spot at the living room window

snoozing after playing in the snow at her grandpa's in CO

Looking forward to posting more of her growing up...and the husband's parting gift!

Love,
H

No comments:

Post a Comment