Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Project Mania!

So before Nickoli leaves the life of cable tv, yummy home cooked food, and freedoms of life in general, we've been "project-ing".  Our projects have included some crafts for my classroom, our living room, bedroom, and just wall art!


We found an awesome project on Pinterest for our living room.  We recently put our television on a wall mount and found our huge living room a little lacking.  With our white wall only apartment, we've been finding ways to brighten/color the place (red curtains for a huge wall).  One of those brightening methods was this project.



You'll need:
  • blank canvas (WalMart has these flatter canvases that are great for this design.)
  • spray paint (any color you choose)
  • masking tape
Step 1:  Tape the design you'd like.
(My husband is way more artistically inclined than I am)

Step 2:  Spray paint (preferably where you won't soak through onto the cement outside your apartment - WHOOPS!)

Step 3:  Let it dry.  Remove the masking tape.  VIOLA!

I really love this design in our living room!  I also wanted something unique for our bathroom, as well as something I could write our wedding quote on.  I did the side type of method (masking tape, spray paint) for these...

Michaels (ONE of the greatest places on earth) had awesome stencils, and I just used acrylic paint to create the design.  I also used "quilting tape" to create the smaller lines on the smaller canvases.  These thicker canvases came from Michaels, and were 40% off!  SCORE!

Now, for my classroom -- I HAD to create something for our library cards.  OMG -- talk about chaos.  I tried library pockets, wall charts, 3M hooks.  One of my greatest frustrations of the school day was anytime they had to use their library/lunch cards.  All the cards would wind up in the floor, and then they'd be all tangled together.  I'm sure you just feel my frustration as I write.  I just finished up this project today with some cheap, discounted paint from Lowe's, a piece of plywood from my grandpa's, hot glue gun, power drill, ribbon (on sale at WalMart), and little picture hanging hooks.  The stencils were from the same pack as the above quote wall hanging.

We'll see if this saves me from daily frustration.

Happy Project-ing until I return!  Looking forward to things to come (with toilet paper rolls)...





No comments:

Post a Comment