Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2.0.1.2.

Happy First Post of 2012!

As I reflect on the memories of 2011, I am reminded of how some of the greatest milestones and accomplishments occurred this past year!  From finishing my challenging student teaching experience to graduating my undergraduate journey, and then to marrying the love of my life for the past five years, vacationing out of the U.S. for the first time ever, becoming an elementary teacher, and celebrating the holidays as a married woman!  WHEW!  What a year!


I will admit I wasn't stoked about the beginning of 2012....the reminder of my husband's quickly approaching deployment, as well as our holiday break coming to an end.  I am so grateful we were surrounded by sweet family and friends throughout the holiday, and are still making our "rounds" to see everyone before he leaves.  I know that we will continue to grow stronger, and our love will continue to blossom -- but there are so many challenges to not be overwhelmed with by a deployment.  I have been extremely blessed with sweet friends and family members who are now experiencing deployment -- they have been such an encouragement to me.  My husband is pretty awesome as well -- just supporting, listening, and understanding my sometimes overwhelming emotions.


So, my resolutions for the year....

  1. Appreciate and show that appreciation to my dear family and friends.
  2. Be as supportive and hilarious of a wife possible :)
  3. When emotion, find exercise as my outlet (as I did during bootcamp).
  4. Finish an awesome year with my third graders, and seek out God's guidance in the future year.
  5. Lose 20 pounds by August!
  6. Continue doing crafts, and projects as my little heart so desires! (I HEART PINTEREST.)
  7. Get an awesome tan.
  8. Relearn and begin sewing again
Bring it on 2012 (and deployment, and working out, and weight loss, and projects)!

No comments:

Post a Comment